The Elite SuperCrono Fluid ElastoGel Turbo Trainer is an innovative turbo trainer with a wireless output console to measure your performance in real time.
This is an excellent trainer that combines a number of Elites’ technologies to provide the user with an unsurpassed riding experience. The SuperCrono frame is designed to use the riders weight to maintain contact with the roller. This is beneficial in that it enables you to have constant contact with the roller, resulting in less tire slippage. The SuperCrono frame is also large enough to provide you with a stable platform. Ideal for hill climbs and sprint intervals.
Moving on to the elastogel roller, this was developed with Bayer and offers the following advantages:
Advantages of the ElastoGel roller
- 50% noise reduction (quantified in dB*).
- Improves the tire grip to the resistance roller.
- Reduced tyre wear by 20%.
- Reduces vibrations and replicates real-life riding.
- Improves the performance when using MTB tyres.
The computer unit functions entirely wirelessly. All data is transferred from the trainer to the computer using radio waves. The transmission is encoded which means you only get the correct information displayed on the display.
The digital unit is identical to the one on the Carbon Digital Mag and has 16 functions for you to monitor all of your performances. The trainer does come with 2 AA batteries for the unit which is pretty unusual as you usually don’t get the extras in the box. While training there are three different screens to choose from which are split into six areas displaying the following information:
Output of the Elite SuperCrono Fluid ElastoGel
- Current Power. Power expressed at the exact moment when the value is being read.
- Speed. Speed at the exact moment when the value is being read.
- Grade. The grade seen is in function of the weight of the cyclist and the speed.
- Distance covered. Distance since the beginning of the training session.
- Race Time. Time since beginning of the training session.
- Indicator. Indicates if the current speed is higher or lower than the average speed.
- Average Power. Average power since the beginning of the training session.
- Average speed. Average speed since the beginning of the training session.
- Average grade. Average grade of the session.
- Maximum Power. Maximum power developed during the training session.
- Maximum speed. Maximum speed reached during the training session.
- Elevation Gain. Indicates the difference of altitude gained during the training session.
- Total Distance run. Odometer / Total Distance covered using the Super Crono Wireless.
- Total Time. Total Time using the Super Crono Wireless.
Being a fluid resistance trainer you can’t change the resistance via the computer. You can vary the perceived resistance by changing gears on your bike as usual. This trainer provides an improvement over previous generations of Elite fluid resistance units as it offers higher resistance at lower RPMs. This is great for hill climbs. An added bonus of course is that this trainer is extremely quiet which is certainly not the norm when is comes to turbo trainers. It also folds down nice and neatly so it can be stored in a wardrobe and out of the way.
Overall the Elite SuperCrono Fluid Turbo Trainer is a fantastic fluid trainer. It’s a great choice if you want to measure your output and are serious about improving your cycling.