Elite SuperCrono Forte Wireless Digital Trainer sets the standard for accuracy, function and ease of use. The Elite SuperCrono Forte Wireless Digital Trainer is a digital turbo trainer that offers cyclists all of the necessary basic functions for a good workout. As far as the basics go, this trainer is a great piece of equipment as it is accurate and is easy to use. You can control the resistance level by switching between a wide range (16 to be precise) of resistance levels.
On a whole, this trainer is really easy to set-up, once you have secured your wheel onto the frame, its just a case of hopping onto the bike and your bodyweight pushes the wheel onto the roller. Job done!
The magnetic unit communicates with a handlebar mounted computer via the ANT-coded (two way) head unit. This is great as it means that there are no extra wires from the bar to your unit and of course, controlling the resistance levels and settings of your workout is much easier. Interestingly, the magnetic unit has to be connected to the mains in your house so make sure you are near a plug point (its the not so wireless part of the trainer)!
The ride itself is pretty smooth and road-like with minimal tire slippage, even when giving it some welly up those hills.
You can train through 3 modes:
- Constant power (Manually adjust the required power, trainer adjusts resistance accordingly)
- Levels (Choose from 16, manually adjust speed to alter resistance)
- Present Programs (Choose from 10, the trainer automatically adjusts resistance)
- 16 levels of electromagnetic resistance, controlled by ANT+ wireless computer in 3 training modes
- Noise reduction by 50% and tire wear by 20% thanks to Elastogel roller
- Multiple power supply adaptors, perfect for international travel
- Spare Q/R for those using Mavic or similar non-compatible Q/R skewers
- Wireless sensors for easy cadence calculation
As is the case with many trainers, this particular model could not be classified as quiet but this is not out of the ordinary.
The most important praise will obviously be its accurate functionality as well as ease of use. The advanced sensors really do an excellent job of calculating the cadence wirelessly. Most of the features perform really well when considering the price tag of this trainer. It’s also easy to store and transport the trainer as the steel frame folds comfortably.