Are you interested in your best and worst cycle performance? Are you so competitive that you race against yourself? Or perhaps you simply need this information for training purposes? If the answer is yes then the VDO X3 DW cycle computer is definitely for you. There are a whole host of different functions to play around with, and so would probably suit someone who needs detailed performance statistics, rather than a casual rider simply interested in their average speed.
- Current speed
- Trip distance
- Total kilometres bike 1 / bike 2 / totals
- Ride time
- Total ride time bike 1 / bike 2 / totals
- Average speed
- Maximum speed
- Timer 1, timer 2
- Timer 1+2 with up to 99 repetitions
- Countdown timer
- Time trial timer with variable distance
- Lap timer for 30 laps, time, distance, average per lap, start lap automatically or manually
- Navigator (2nd programmable daily kilometre counter, counts forwards or backwards)
- Wake-up alarm, variable wake-up or reminder alarm
- Digital wireless cadence add-on including transmitter, cadence magnet and 3V battery
- Digital wireless
- Easy menu control
- Water resistant
- 5 year warranty
- Digital, encoded wireless transmission “Digital Wireless” DW, Double Wireless for speed and cadence (option)
- Automatic pairing
- Sleep mode (switches off display / receiver)
- Bike recognition for bike 1 / bike 2 via transmitter identifier
The VDO X3 DW cycle computer is very easy to set up and fit, but once you get going you might find it a little on the small side. The buttons are just big enough to use with gloves on if you have quite slender hands, but otherwise you might struggle. The display has a lot of information with the symbols very clear and easy to understand, but it is quite small once again. On the plus side, this VDO computer can work next to pretty much any lights, including high power LEDs, thanks to its internal components being completely shielded from any inductive interference.
This cycle computer features a range of advanced functions designed to help more experienced or professional cyclists keep their performance on track. Unlike many cheaper computers, the VDO X3 DW cycle computer has a lap timer for 30 laps, which displays information such as average time per laps, distance, and can start laps automatically. Other functions include a sleep mode, stopwatch, wake-up alarm, countdown timer, time trial timer, navigator, clock, trip distances, average and maximum speeds, and much more.
Summary of the VDO X3 DW computer
The VDO X3 DW cycle computer is the perfect data tool for just about anybody who is interested in monitoring their performance. It is targeted more towards advanced riders but as it is so simple to use, amateurs would not struggle with it thanks to the Easy Menu Control (EMC). The huge range of functions make this cycle computer a step up from more basic ones on the market, and the fact that it can have a separate odometer for different bikes is great for people who either enjoy road biking and mountain biking, or ride for work and pleasure.